Quest is just around the corner so we need to make sure you all have the info you need to have a super trip. We need to arrive at FBC Columbus at 6 AM on Sunday, June 26th. We will be returning early on the way home our departure time will be 5 AM Central time. Many folks from Westport need to return early for a wedding. With that in mind, you will need money for breakfast and lunch on the way home.
I will need parents again to drive us from Columbus to Westport. Please let me know if you are willing. There are links to three important forms in this section of our fbcfamily website. Two of which you need to fill out for your youth. The third form is a packing list which I’m sure will come in handy as well. Below is some information about events happening during the week that the youth need to prepare for.
Just to be clear, the cell phone policy on the trip is that we don’t want to see them at all during activities. The only time they are allowed is during free time and if they are causing someone to isolate themselves then this is a problem as well. I reserve the right to confiscate a phone, if it becomes an issue.
Below is info Heather Henson sent via email concerning mud pit night and theme night. It sounds like they’ve got a seriously fun week planned for us.
The Mud Pit will return for this summer! The games one night will be in the mud pit and we are excited about it. Please make sure your youth are prepared. What they wear is up to them and their parents. We just want everyone to know we are going to play games in a mud pit so that they can bring clothing that can get very messy or possibly discarded.
Some youth or adults may remember that we used a mud pit several years ago. This year's mud pit will be much different than the last one we used. It will be softer and less swampy!
Theme Night – Island Night and Cardboard Boat Regatta
Every year on Wednesday Night we invite students and leaders to “dress-up” and have some extra fun with our theme night. This year’s theme is Island Night. We are inviting students to pull out their “island” themed outfits. This could be anything from a Hawaiian shirt to a pirate costume! We do ask that all attire be church camp appropriate (aka – if your student thinks they should ask if it’s ok – it’s probably NOT ok). Have fun with the theme!
This year’s theme night game will be a Cardboard Boat Regatta. Every Church group MUST bring with them to Quest their supplies. While you can obviously take the next few weeks to plan, you cannot pre-cut your pieces ahead of time. You must bring your own supplies (cardboard, duct tape,
cutting utensils, etc.). The rules are listed below.
Supplies that can be used:
- Cardboard, duct tape, packing tape, rope or string, cardboard tubes, cutting utensils.
- GROUPS MUST BRING THEIR OWN SUPPLIES
- Paint, pre-treated or wax-coated cardboard, plastic or wood caps for cardboard tubes.
- NO ACTUAL MOTORS!
- Only materials that can be used are human limbs (which are attached to the person(s) in the boat) or cardboard. The cardboard can be shaped into anything.
- Each group will have 30 minutes to build its boat.
- The boat must carry at least one person (who will be required to wear a personal flotation device, which will be provided).
- At the end of the 30 minutes, all boats will line up to race (regardless of whether or not they are finished being built).
- All boats will launch at the same time.
- The goal is to see which boat goes the farthest. If two boats complete the entire journey, then whichever finishes first is the winner.
|File Size:||12 kb|